Friday, March 21, 2014

Shiver by Maggie Stiefvater


I will be concluding The Spring Break Reading List of 2014. And today, I'd like to share with you Maggie Stiefvater's beautiful story of Shiver. 

Grace really really likes wolves. They are fascinating to her, and it's pure luck that is just so happens a pack of wolves occasionally ventures into her backyard. But there is one wolf in particular. One that protects her, and she feels like she almost communicates with. But that's not possible. He's just a wolf. Or is he? Ever heard of a mythical creature called werewolves? Well, they're real. But not in the creepy, howling at the moon, half-man, half-wolf horrendous creature. No, these wolves are just men with a disease. Men and one woman. In the summer, they are humans with jobs to keep their family alive. When the temperature starts to drop, they feel the change coming on them, and soon, they are back to their wolf form.
This wolf that Grace feels she has a special bond to has a name--Sam. And he works at her favorite bookstore when he's not running around the woods as a wild animal. And these two, they're meant to be. Now, talk about a long distance relationship. Several long, cold months of no communication, only knowing that Sam is alive, with his pack, and waiting for summer to come again so that they can be together.

This is the first of the Shiver trilogy, followed by Linger and Forever. I must admit, I'm in love with these books. Sam and Grace's story is absolutely beautiful, wonderfully told by Maggie Stiefvater. I grew up with this trilogy, and in my head, these are my friends. When the third book came out, I was unaware that it was to be the last book. So when the ending came, and it was the true ending, I literally cried and threw the book on the ground I was so mad. But I couldn't stay mad at Sam for long--he's just too lovable. Looking for a heart-gripping, magical romance to fill your reading hours with? Then Shiver is the book for you. You'll regret not reading this book!

Happy Reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment