Monday, March 17, 2014

Saint Patty's Day Party

Happy Saint Patrick's Day! Tomorrow, I will be throwing a party to celebrate this day with the three little girls I babysit/nanny. Last Halloween, I started the tradition of doing holiday parties, and now, a holiday is just not complete without one of Miss Hannah's Holiday Parties  (I know this is mainly because they get treats, but I don't mind). So here's tomorrow's game plan:




1. Help the Leprechaun find his treasure!
        I just found some green coins in Target's dollar section, and I'll hide them around the house while the girls are distracted with the TV.

2. Making Mommy a Clover:
        Hobby Lobby has 2 small canvases for $6. I found some green paint, and tomorrow we'll paint one of each of our hands. Between the four of us, we'll make a clover with our handprints.

3. This isn't really Saint Patty's, but we're going to be planting some sunflowers and an undecided pink flower in their yard. Just to bring a bit of spring cheer to the house!


4. My awesome Saint Patty's Cupcakes. Ready? Here we go:
        Ingredients for cupcake:
            White Cake Mix
            Neon Food Coloring
            Green cupcake liners
        Ingredients for Icing:
            2 cups powdered sugar
            2 tbls milk
            2 tbls butter
            1/2 tsp vanilla
        Extra ingredients:
            Green sprinkles
            Rollos
            Airheads Xtremes

            1. Follow instructions on the cake mix box. Once the batter is mixed, divide evenly into five different bowls.
            2. The Neon food coloring provides blue, green, pink, and purple. To make an extra color, I wanted orange. I mixed 8 drops of green and 3 drops of pink. Make sure everything is mixed really well, no more white.
         
 3. I started with the green batter, spooning a thin layer into the liners. Then spoon blue, purple, orange, and pink. I only got 12 cupcakes out of this, but that's okay. There's only four of us.
           4. Bake for 18 minutes, let cool before icing.
           5. To make icing: combine all ingredients. You might need to add a bit more milk if the consistency isn't right. Dye green to appear like grass.
           6. You can ice however you want, but I spooned my frosting into a plastic bag and bit off the tip. Starting in the middle of the cupcake, I drew
squiggly lines to the edge and filled in whatever areas didn't get covered. Sprinkle green crystal sprinkles if you so choose.
           7. Set two Rolos in the middle of the cupcake. Tear an airhead in half and set it over the rolos like a rainbow. Mine tilted. If you can come up with a cure for that, let me know!
           8. Voila! Now dig in and enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment