Thursday, May 26, 2016

Back to Reality

     I have returned safely back to Tennessee, found myself a job, started my internship, and am trying to get myself into the swing of summer! I'll be doing a lot of blogging, not just for myself, but both for my job and for my internship.
     I will be working with a local tourist site in Townsend, TN called the Lily Barn, which is a gorgeous garden that grows all sorts of flowers, but their main attraction is their lily field, which they harvest and sell all over the country. However, their operation is expanding, and they need help. So I'll be working in the garden half the time, and the other half, I will be blogging and writing the monthly newsletter. So keep your eyes peeled for that :)
      For my internship one day a week, I will be at New Hope Blount County Children's Advocacy Center, a nonprofit that provides services for children who have been physically and sexually abused, as well as their families. I've been involved with this organization since my family moved to Tennessee, and it has a very special place in my heart. I will be doing a summer blog series for them during which I will interview different members of their team to provide a new perspective into the inner-workings of this wonderful organization. I'm very excited about this project and hope I can do it justice.
      On top of that...I have exactly 3 months tomorrow to prepare for Ascension's release August 27th!! Ah! 3 months! Freaking out a little bit... I honestly had no idea how much work there would be AFTER I finished the book, but it's okay. I'm cool. It's all going to pay off and be wonderful.
      Plus, I have the biggest TBR pile right now. It's ridiculous. 63 books on my shelves that I haven't read. I have a problem. A real problem. I cannot go in a  bookstore without buying a book. Someone please stop me. Im also trying to integrate a bit of culture into my summer reading by mixing in some classics (mainly english).
Little Women (yes, I know this is not British)
Wuthering Heights (I've read one Brontë, might as well read the other) 
Anna Karenina
Hard Times
A Tale of Two Cities
Great Expectations 
If I conquer all of these, then I am going to attempt to tackle Moby Dick. But we'll just see where the summer takes us. 

What are your summer plans? 

Later gators, 
   HER

No comments:

Post a Comment