Saturday, August 31, 2013

Good Evening!

      Welcome to my world. I'm Hannah. I'm just your average, ordinary, every day teenager: wake up, go to school, suffer through band practice, do homework, and go to bed. My life so far is not extraordinary, but I'm working hard to make it so. I occasionally surprise myself by doing someting daring, but mostly I try to do good. I know what you're thinking, "this girl wants to be a writer, and she's already making a grammar mistake?" Think about the sentence. I want to do good. The word well is an adjective. Good is being used as a noun. 
      Books can do so much good in a person's life, but I'm not at that point in my success yet to say that my book has done any good. I do good by acting in my community, serving those that need help. I challenge you to do some good in your community. Go to the park on this three day weekend and pick up trash. Find a local non-profit agency that needs help and donate a couple hours of your week to them. If you really want to help, organize a food drive or a fundraising event. There are always people and places that need help, and you could just be the one to do that. Yes, you are one person. One person can make a difference. 

       A quote to live by: "Do all the good you can, by all the means you can, in all the ways you can, in all the places you can, at all the times you can, to all the people you can, as long as ever you can." ~John Wesley 

No comments:

Post a Comment