Tuesday, October 17, 2017

Southern Festival of Books 2017

Oh, my goodness! I met SO MANY amazing authors this weekend at the 29th annual Southern Festival of Books. It was an odd year in that I'm no longer in just the patron state of mind. I was there not only representing myself and Ascension, but also Star Line Books, advertising our awesome store to authors who want to come to visit. If you haven't made it to this festival in Nashville yet, I highly recommend! Seriously, don't miss out on it--there's something for everyone.
So that I'm done with that, here are my SoFestofBooks 2017 Book Recommendations, starting with the youngest readers:

I met two really great Middle grade authors, who are sweet and adorable and tell enchanting stories that deal with real world truths. Check them out!

1. The Ethan I Was Before by Ali Standish (contemporary fiction)
2. Tumble and Blue by Cassie Beasley (magical realism)
3. Almost Paradise by Corabel Shofner (contemporary fiction)

Young Adult...just so many young adult authors, guys. They're putting out amazing books. I don't care how old you are, good writing is good writing; and a good story is a good story.

1. Dear Martin by Nic Stone (debuted today!!!) (contemporary fiction)
2. Nyxia by Scott Reintgen (science fiction)
3. We Know It Was You by Maggie Thrash (mystery)
4. We Are Okay by Nina LaCour (contemporary fiction)
5. Dresscodes for Small Towns (contemporary fiction)

Literary Fiction/Adult Fiction - so many beautiful novels out this year!

1. Immigration Essays by Sybil Baker (nonfiction collection of essays)
2. If the Creek Don't Rise by Leah Weiss (Appalachian literature)
3. One Good Mama Bone (southern literature)

There were hundreds of other authors there; these are just the lovely people I had the pleasure of meeting. Check out their books, and stay tuned for more author-bookseller-student adventures as I claw my way through this semester!

Cheers,
    HER 

No comments:

Post a Comment