Monday, July 10, 2017

Going Across the Pond

Hello my friends!!

In just a few short days, I will be making the long trek across the pond to the UK for 23 days!!! So basically a month. In case you couldn't tell from my excessive use of exclamation marks, I'm very supremely excited about this trip. I've been blessed to do a lot of traveling in Europe and North America, but I've never made it to England/Scotland, which have always been top of my list. Now it's finally happening!

I'll be starting on a personal literary-inspired tour with VorScot tours. My tour guide Ivor and I will begin in Scotland (Edinburgh, Abbotsford, Rosslyn, and Isle of Sky) then work our way up into the Lake District, Haworth (I'm going to walk on the Moors like Jane Eyre), Thirsk, York, and ending in Stratford Upon Avon. I'm going to be walking in the footsteps of the Greats, writing when I can, and taking in all the inspiration.

The next leg of my journey, I'll be spending a week in London, staying with my cousin, and literally just walking around seeing all that I can. I don't have a set plan yet; I just want to see where my feet and map take me.

THEN I'm taking the train down to Oxford where I'll be taking a week long course entitled Oxford and Fantasy, studying all the great authors who attended the university and made their marks there. I have an Air BnB right in the middle of the city, and I'm so excited--also because Oxford is one of my choices for Grad school, so this will be a nice test for me to see how I'd like it. (Newsflash, I'll love it!)

I'll be posting updates on here, of course, doing my best to keep track of my journey. Does anyone have any suggestions of where I should go?

From the tales of the American Wanderer,
      HER 

No comments:

Post a Comment