Saturday, March 26, 2016

Things to be Excited About

This Holy Saturday, I have a lot to be happy/excited about. It's just a great weekend.


  1. It's Easter weekend! Holy Week. The Son will rise tomorrow. That's definitely something to be happy about. Plus, I'm home, chilling with my family and my dogs. I get to relax (kind of), read a good book, spend some time in the sun. I get to dye Easter Eggs, which, yes, I still love to do! Judge me if you must. I'm trying to shave back my consumption of Easter candy this year, so all I've asked for in the basket is the traditional chocolate bunny. Do you like the hollow or whole? 
  2. It's a beautiful weekend! It could be a bit warmer, but I'm not complaining. Everything's blooming here in East TN--Red buds, dogwoods, tulips. It's gorgeous, and I love it.
  3. My dad introduced me to a new place in Knoxville--Remedy Coffee and Makers Donuts. I mean...they're not new. But they're new to me. If any of you are in the Maryville/Knoxville area or are just passing through, I highly suggest this donut shop. They have different varieties all the time; they have a nice crunch to them; and the flavors are not the traditional flavors. To say the least, they are quite delicious. And Remedy Coffee makes a mean latté, if I do say so myself. 
  4. I cleaned out my desk last night and found a bunch of old notebooks from middle school and early high school. You know, I highly suggest going through your old stuff. It's kind of surreal and also hilarious. I was a weird kid who thought I was a lot deeper than I actually was--one of those kids who wrote "meaningful" lyrics into her notebooks and drew symbolic pictures that solved the mysteries of life. Plus, I found some embarrassing pictures of friends that gave me a good, long chuckle alone in my room. I'm pretty sure my mom thought I was crying haha. 
  5. And the most exciting thing, personally to me, is ASCENSION!!!! My copy editor has officially deemed the manuscript complete, and it has been sent on to layout. Soon enough, I'll have an arc copy in my hands, ready to send out to reviewers and promoters. (So if you know anyone who would be interested in promoting a book, let me know). Get ready for AUGUST 27TH. Some people plan their wedding. I'm planning my book release party, and it is going to be awesome! So keep your eyes open for more announcements on the book. I'm super excited, and I hope you are too. Tell everyone you know. 
Happy Holy Week!! Happy Easter Weekend!! Thank God for such a beautiful weekend and great reasons to be alive! 

No comments:

Post a Comment