Thursday, October 31, 2013
Here are some fun foods and crafts to put you in the trick-or-treating spirit!
Shrunken Apple Heads:
Prepare a bowl of water and lemon juice.
Pull out as many apples as you would like to carve.
Core the apple, but leave the top and stem.
Carve funny, scary, or sad faces into your apples.
Bake at 225 for 3 hours.
For more fun, put them in apple cider to make shrunken head apple cider.
Bloody Footprint Walkway:
Buy a roll of white decorating paper (like you would use to decorate doors) and roll it down the walkway to your door. You might need to tape it.
Paint the bottom of your feet red and walk up the paper to the door.
For extra blood, splatter it a little.
Monster Mason Jars:
Mason jars, different colored gauze, watered down glue, googly eyes, sharpie
Wrap the mason jar with the gauze (color depending on what type of monster you want to create)
Paint on the watered down glue
Wait to dry then glue on googly eyes.
For mouths and noses, take your sharpie and draw some gnarly features.
Fill it with a candle or flowers, depending on how you are planning to use it.
Fun Halloween Facts:
1. Samhainophobia is the fear of Halloween
2. If you put your clothing on inside out and walk backward, you might see a witch at midnight.
3. Spiders seen on Halloween are supposedly dead loved ones checking in on you. So be careful who you step on.
4. Dressing up as monsters originated with the celtic people where they would dress up as ghouls to disguise themselves from the real ghouls.
5. Harry Houdini died on Halloween in 1926
Spooky wishes on this Halloween night!